Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Labor Pains

I feel like a first time mama.  I never had chicks before and don't know what to expect.  Brings back memories of Michelle's arrival 37 years ago.  Holy cow.  I can still remember almost every minute of her delivery.  Knew nothing!!! 

I am in labor.  My chicks were born on Monday and are in transit to our local Post Office.  They left Cleveland, OH last night at 9 pm on a flight (the post office thinks) to Jacksonville.  On arrival they should be put on a truck and brought to our post office.  Oh the pain of anticipation.  Oh Oh Oh.

My bag is packed.  The truck is gassed up. The 'crib' is ready.  Their first drink will be Pedialyte.  Haven't slept much at all...

Keeping the phone charged for that CALL that should arrive early in the morning.  Won't sleep tonight.

Tristan and Tracy are spending the day at Disney today, and will arrive tonight.  It would be cool if they got to go to pick them up with us, but we'll see.

Wish us luck!  Any time now.  Oh, the anticipation!

Hopefully they will all be OK and  pictures will be forthcoming!



1 comment:

  1. Sooo, are you a Mama yet??? I just know you'll be a wonderful mom! :)

    ReplyDelete